Read Daily News or Be Left Behind ?

LATEST NEWS

Read Daily News Or Be Left Behind

Live in the Present & Plan for the Future

A 10-year-old girl from Punjab tragically lost her life due to food poisoning after consuming her birthday special cake. Her birthday became a nightmare after she feasted on the infected food item, reported NDTV.

The girl identified as Manvi who was a resident of Patiala had ordered the cake online from a bakery nearby on March 24.

Also read: Who won yesterday’s IPL Match? Check the top moments from Lucknow Super Giants vs Punjab Kings clash

The Patiala family marked their daughter’s birthday celebrations by ordering a birthday cake online. However, not long after the family relished the taste of the delicacy, all of them began showing symptoms of food poisoning. Each one of the family members who had consumed the cake experienced nausea and vomiting.

Also read: Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann, wife Gurpreet Kaur blessed with baby girl; AAP leader shares pictures 

The deceased girl’s grandfather informed NDTV reporters that the family had ordered the cake around 6 pm and celebrated Manvi’s birthday at 7 pm. The entire family fell ill by 10 pm that night. There were five people at home at the time when the two younger daughters began vomiting.

The grandfather added, “Manvi asked for water, complaining of extreme thirst and a dry mouth. Later, she went to sleep. Fortunately, the youngest daughter Preman survived after vomiting the cake.”

Also read: LSG vs PBKS IPL 2024 Highlights: Debutant Mayank Yadav, Krunal Pandya shine as Lucknow defeat Punjab by 21 runs

The family alleged ‘Cake Kanha’ bakery in Patiala’s Adalat Bazaar of selling poisonous substances that led to Manvi’s death. A case has been registered against the bakery shop owner under Sections 273 and 304A of the IPC, as per local reports. The family said, “The postmortem of the body has been done. A sample from the cake has also been sent for testing. We are awaiting the reports,” reported NDTV.

Also read: ‘Law says he can work from jail till found guilty’: Punjab CM Bhagwant Mann on Arvind Kejriwal’s arrest by ED

A neighbour came to the rescue of the family when the health of all the family members suspiciously worsened at the same time. The neighbour got them admitted to a nearby hospital. 

Manvi was put on oxygen and underwent an ECG (electrocardiogram). However, the life of the 10-year-old girl could not be saved, and was declared dead.

Unlock a world of Benefits! From insightful newsletters to real-time stock tracking, breaking news and a personalized newsfeed – it’s all here, just a click away! Login Now!

Catch all the Business News, Market News, Breaking News Events and Latest News Updates on Live Mint.
Download The Mint News App to get Daily Market Updates.

More
Less

Published: 31 Mar 2024, 01:14 PM IST

Source link

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *